Here is how green leafy vegetables can save your life!
- Rich in calcium – Collards and kale are high in calcium, which helps to strengthen our bones and teeth. This can help to decrease the risk of developing osteoporosis. Calcium also helps to improve the muscle function in our body.
- Folate – Leafy greens are a good source of folate, which can help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and memory loss. Folate can also help to decrease the symptoms of depression.
- Digestive Tract – Collard greens are rich in fiber and can help to improve our digestive tract. Components of greens can also help to protect the health of our stomach lining by preventing bacterial overgrowth.
- Youthful Skin – Leafy greens contain antioxidants including beta carotene, which helps renew and repair your skin. Greens can also clear your skin of acne and excess oils.
- Cholesterol – Green leafy vegetables play an important role in helping to decrease high cholesterol. Kale and Mustard Greens work more directly, providing the best cholesterol lowering results.
- Colon Cancer – Studies show that a diet high in greens helps to lower the risk of developing colon cancer.
- Over-all Health – Green leafy vegetables can also promote weight loss. Consuming the daily suggested amount while replacing processed foods will help the body burn off fat stores at an increased rate.
IRevive Health & Wellness is a weight management clinic in Nashville, TN that focuses in long-term weight loss. We provide patients with customized plans and tools that help assist in lifelong weight loss.
Click Here for specials on appetite suppressants and weight loss injections.