Nashville weather has been out of control this year, regardless, summer and bathing suit season is right around the corner. No matter who you are, everyone has the same thing in common, we want to look our best for summer.
WEIGHT LOSS TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Do not wait, the time to start is now! Losing weight on a slow and steady schedule will not only help with long term success but it’s also much healthier for the body. Some people will suddenly start rigorous, last minute health binge to prepare for summer, this can actually increase the chance of weight gain in the future.
- Commit yourself to a weekly exercise routine, it will ensure success! Cardio recommendations are 20-30 min 3-4 times per week. By continuing a routine, it will be easier to maintain and get to a desired weight.
- Stay hydrated! Drinking enough water will boost and help maintain the body’s metabolism. Remember, the body is primarily made of water, almost 70%. Keeping a water bottle on hand will help remind you to keep hydrating.
- Keep unhealthy snacks out of the house. The temptation to eat the wrong foods only worsens once they are at home. Keeping healthy options at home will only enable successful weight loss.
- Eat breakfast daily, no exceptions! You don’t have to eat a 4 course meal, but by eating breakfast, you boost your body’s metabolism for the day. Skipping breakfast will cause your body to go into starvation mode and store more fat throughout the day.
- Eat when you’re hungry. Ignoring your body’s hunger signs will only trigger your body to store more fat. Everyone is different. Some may eat 3 meals a day, some may eat 5. Remember, it’s all about choosing the right foods to eat!
- Incorporate more whole foods into your diet. The body recognizes whole foods, making it easier to digest and break down. Processed foods (canned and boxed) contain man made ingredients that can cause the body to stress and slow the metabolism of fats.
Don’t let summer sneak up on your weight loss goals! By making a few minor changes during the day, you can be well on your way to conquering this year’s bathing suit season.
At IRevive Health & Wellness, in Nashville, TN, our licensed practitioners specialize in long term medical weight loss. Through personalized patient education and the use of FDA approved appetite suppressants (phentermine), IRevive helps patients reach long term weight loss goals. Call or stop by our weight loss center in Nashville, TN to begin achieving the desired results so many IRevive patients reach!